For many years I have been teaching and counseling with people across the
U.S. and in over 30 countries on Christian financial, stewardship, debt, and
generosity issues. Over this time period, I have discovered the following 10
truths concerning WHY all Christians (regardless of their income level, debt
problems, or financial circumstances) need to be taught to give 10% OR MORE
to the Lordís work:
1. It is a tried and proven pattern of giving done by godly people
throughout the ages (regardless of cultures and income levels).
Tithing references in
28:16-22 Lev 27:30 Pr 3:9,10 Mal 3:7-15 Mt 23:23
will help them reverence God more in their life.
Tithing reference in
3. It will bring God's wisdom and order to their finances and will help
harness the dragon of materialism in their life.
Matt. 6:19-21,24-34 Luke 12:16-21 I Tim 6:6-10,17-19 Ecc 5:10
4. It will serve as a practical reminder that God is the Owner of everything
in their life.
I Chron 29:11-18 Ps 24:1,2 Ps 50:10-12 Hag 2:8
will allow them to experience God's creative care and provisions in ways
they would not otherwise experience.
I Kings 17 Pr 3:9,10 Mal 3:7-15 Hag 1:4-11, 2:15-19 Lu 6:38 Deut 28 Phil
4:15-19 Mk 12:41-44
6. It will encourage their spiritual growth and trust in God.
Deut 14:23 Pr 3:5,6 Mal 3:8-10 Hag 1:4-11, 2:15-19 II Cor 8:5
7. It will ensure them treasure in heaven.
I Tim 6:18,19 Mt 6:19-21 Heb 6:10 III John 8 I Sam 30:22
will strengthen the ministry, outreach, and stability of their local
Acts 2:42-47, 4:32 II Cor 9:12,13
9. It will help provide the means to keep their Pastor and missionaries in
full-time Christian service.
I Cor 9:9-11,14 I Tm 5:17,18 III John 5-8 Phil 4:15-19 Gal 6:6 Lu 8:3 II Kg
10. It will help accomplish needed building projects and renovations.
II Ch 24:4-14 Ex 35,36 II Kings 12:2-16 I Ch 29:2-19 Ez 1:4-6
If you would
like to these these generosity truths (and many more) communicated with your
entire congregation, please visit the following page that highlights a
40-Day all-church generosity
initiative that God can use to transform your congregations lives and
For additional resources, visit: